North Yorkshire County Council and Harrogate Borough Council are working with 5 local organisations in the areas we cover which are the point of contact for those who are alone and isolated by the pandemic and who have no other local support available. These organisations are working with local voluntary sector groups and trusted volunteers to arrange shopping for food and essential items, collecting prescriptions, a friendly listening ear, information & signposting to someone who can help, if they can’t.
- Harrogate and the surrounding villages: HADCA and our HELP services T: 01423 813096 (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm answer machine) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ripon and villages: Ripon Community House T: 01765 603631 (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm ) Email: email@example.com
- Knaresborough and villages: Knaresborough Connectors T: 07593 882340 (8am – 8pm answer machine) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boroughbridge and villages: Boroughbridge Community Care T: 01423 324504 (Mon – Fri 9am – 1pm) Email: email@example.com
- Nidderdale: Nidderdale Plus T: 01423 714953 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Harrogate & Knaresborough Foodbanks: If you are in need of emergency food go and talk to the Harrogate Foodbank – 10.30-12.30 Tuesdays & Friday’s, Mowbray Church, Harrogate & Monday 10.30-12.30 Holy Trinity Knaresborough. They are there to help with 3 day pack up of in-date food and additional support. Vouchers for the Harrogate Food Bank can also be accessed at St Peter’s Church or at Harrogate Community House.
Ripon Community House have been providing food boxes in the Ripon area. Contact T: 01765 603631 (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm ) Email: email@example.com
Supporting Older People is providing free bags of food and essential items supplied by Asda together with free single portion fresh meals for anyone in need – usually in packs of 4, which are frozen. We need to know any dietary requirements. We are also still running a shopping and prescription collection service. Please contact us on 07535 508043 if you or anyone you know would benefit from any of these services.
NYCC can provide supermarket vouchers via their Local Assistance Fund. To apply call 01609 780780.
Food Angels deliver hot meals to older people for a small charge – call 01423 888 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Peter’s Church, next to Primark in central Harrogate offer the following free services:
Monday to Saturday 8.15 – 8.45 breakfast available
Monday to Saturday 4 – 4.45 A hot takeout meal.
Sunday 1pm hot meal take out.
If you have any urgent needs outside office working hours, please do call North Yorkshire County Council on 01609 780780.